The National Communications Authority (NCA) has announced that around 11 million unregistered SIM cards would be blocked.
The NCA’s Director-General, Joe Anokye, stated that subscribers have till the end of May this year to register.
He stated that mass SIM registration for existing SIMs is coming to an end, but there are still a significant number of SIM cards that have not been registered.
Read Also: Wes Brown, former Manchester United legend declared bankrupt
“One thing to note is that active mass SIM registration for existing SIMs is coming to an end, and as previously stated.
We have approximately 11 million SIMs that have yet to begin the registration process;
These subscribers have until the end of May 2023 to complete their SIM registration or have their SIMs deactivated from the network,”
He said at a press conference in Accra on Wednesday, April 26.
The Ghana Chamber of Telecommunications had previously asked unregistered SIM card holders to do so.
“Subscribers with Ghana cards can avoid this inconvenience by completing stage 2 (the biometric capture) of the registration process,” the chamber said in a statement.